Pages

21 May 2011

Almond Fudge Cookies

Another recipe from Table for Two. This cookbook is pretty fantastic for easy, whole (non processed) food. The recipes usually only use about 5 or so ingredients and they are all non processed stuff. This book helps me stick to our food budget because I don't really have to buy expensive items for the recipes.



Ingredients
whole blanched or slivered almonds

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup oat flour
3 T cocoa/carob powder
1/4 t baking powder
pinch of salt

1/4 cup maple syrup
3 T vegetable oil
1/2 t vanilla extract


Method
Preheat the oven to 350F.

Place the almonds aside.

Mix together the dry ingredients and add the wet ones. Only combine until just mixed. It should a thick dough.

Take a couple of tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used up. Place a whole almond or a few slivered almonds on top.

Bake until cooked through, about 12 - 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.

Notes
I made these in the morning before going up school and brought them up to my office. My office mates enjoyed them. I thought they were a little dry, but tasted really great with my Bengal Spice tea. Dip a portion of the cookie in and eat. So good. Also, I could really taste the salt in the cookies. Maybe I should decrease it even more or maybe eliminate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment