Pages

21 January 2011

Corn Chowder

So the yogurt experiment did not go over so well and I am going to try it again by using the method outlined by Midwest Vegan. I need to get a thermometer before my experiment can occur. Maybe next weekend.





Last night for dinner was Corn Chowder. Not Chowdah. Chowder. People really talk like that, it is amazing to me.

onion
garlic
potato
fresh chili
broth
corn
seasoning (I used rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and salt)


Sauté garlic and onion in a bit of olive oil until softened. Add chopped potatoes, chili, and broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Add frozen corn and allow to warm through. Puree about half of the mixture in a food processor or blender or with an immersion blender (I really want one!). Reheat to desired temperature, taste and adjust for seasoning and garnish with green onions. I added a squirt or two of sriracha sauce, but you can assume I add that to pretty much everything.

I served with herb toast.



No comments:

Post a Comment