Pages

02 February 2011

Hummus Pizza!

I based my lunch today on a recipe I found in Supermarket Vegan. Every time I flipped through the cookbook, this recipe stood out to me. Who can go wrong with hummus on a pizza? I used a hot pitted salad mix from the olive bar at the grocery store.





Ingredients:

hummus (I made my own based on what I did a few days ago. If you are not making your own hummus, what are you waiting for? It is fast, cheap, and you can make it exactly how you want.)
kalamata olives, chopped (I chopped the olives in my food processor until it was chunky)
sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
rosemary
oregano
pita bread
(I used the small size, they were about the size of my hand)
olive oil

Spread a bit of olive oil over the top of the pita bread and place in the toaster oven for a minute or two under toast until the bread is warm and bendable.

Spread hummus over the top of the pita bread. Layer on the olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with dried rosemary and oregano. Place back in the toaster oven for a few minutes more until everything is warm and the exposed pita is getting crispy.





Next time, I would like to make my own pita bread, but this was a filling, fast lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment