Pages

16 February 2011

Tofu Scramble

What would a vegan food blog be without a tofu scramble to two? I love breakfast food. It is probably my favorite meal of the day. All the food is warm, big, and delicious. I miss being able to go out for a nice breakfast, so now I just make them at home.





Ingredients:
firm tofu, crumbled
onions
garlic
collards
frozen corn

soy sauce
ginger, fresh
apple juice


Method:
Mix together the saucy ingredients (soy sauce, ginger, and apple juice), set aside. I had used that marinade to make simmer tempeh in for tempeh rubens when I decided to use it over my scramble.

In a skillet, sauté the onions and garlic until brown. Add the tofu and stir. Allow the tofu to brown a bit, then add the saucy stuff over time. I had much much more than what I needed, so I turned up the heat to boil it off. Add any vegetables you want and continue to stir until everything is heated through and delicious. Season with salt and pepper and serve with a big slice of walnut-oat bread and diced avocado.

-----
This was really good. I do love me a good scramble and it lends itself to whatever might be hanging around your fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment