Pages

03 February 2011

Tofu Stir-Fry

Last night I wanted to make BBQ Seitan from Fatfree Vegan, but when I went to make it, I did not have enough wheat gluten. I decided to try to make it with what I had (1/4 cup vital wheat gluten) and baked it, but it came out so so badly. Thinking quickly, I decided to make stir-fry.





Ingredients:
tofu, pressed and drained (I cut them into triangles)
marinade sauce (chili paste, soy sauce, Better than bouillon paste, water)
vegetables (I used oyster mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and carrots)
garlic, minced
ginger, minced
soy sauce

Preheat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and sauté vegetables so that they all finish at the same time. First onions and carrots until soft, then broccoli, garlic, and ginger. Finally add the mushrooms. I like to sprinkle a dash of soy sauce over the vegetables at this point because it seems to make them cook faster. Remove vegetables from the pan.

In the same pan, fry the tofu until browned on both sides. Pour the marinade sauce as the tofu browns. When tofu is done, add the vegetables to the pan and stir until everything is warmed through.

Serve with rice.

My husband thought this was fantastic. It came out well for just being thrown together.

No comments:

Post a Comment