Pages

06 May 2011

Breakfast for dinner

We needed to use up some homemade bread, so I thought French toast would be the perfect dish. We also had some horribly out of season blue berries that were nearing the end of their life as well, I added them to the mix. Then some potatoes and kale called out to me. As well as the nutritional yeast in my pantry. They all got to come to the party in my belly.





Ingredients
bread
almond milk

blueberries
soy yogurt

yukon gold potatoes
kale
onion
garlic

Cheezy Sauce

Method
Put the almond milk in a pie dish and soak the bread in it until it is nearly soggy, but not falling apart. In a cast iron pan over medium heat, cook the French toast until brown on both sides. Keep warm.

Blend the soy yogurt and blueberries together in a blender. Add an sweetener you desire. I thought it was perfect.

In a cast iron pan, saute the onions and garlic until brown. Add the diced potatoes and cook until tender. I added a bit of water and put a lid on the pan to help steam them a bit. Near the end of cooking time, add the kale and mix until it has wilted. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, more black pepper, and magic.

Warm the cheezy sauce and either pour it over the potatoes or put it in a condiment cup.

Plate it up and eat.

Notes
All of this was great. I liked the cheezy sauce, but there is something about it that makes me want to experiment more and make a better sauce.

The husband thought this was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment