Pages

16 May 2011

Red Tofu Curry

My husband and I had been buying the small can of curry paste, when I saw the large tub and decided to try it out. It was great to have curry paste on hand for a quick dinner. I have plans to make my own curry paste with the chilies and everything this summer. For right now, the prepackaged one works well for me.



Ingredients
4 T Curry Paste
1 can coconut milk
potato
carrot
onion
broccoli
tomato
firm tofu
cilantro
peanuts

Method
Press your tofu.



I was inspired to do it this way after seeing the TofuXpress. Genius! I take two tupperware containers and sandwich the tofu between the two, place a cutting board on top and something heavy like a cast iron wok. Let is sit for 30 - 60 minutes.





In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the curry paste and coconut milk until combined. Add the potato and carrot chunks and allow to simmer until nearly tender. Add the onion, broccoli, and tofu.

While the potato and carrot chunks are simmering, sauté the tofu in a cast iron pan over medium heat in olive oil until browned on both sides.



Right before severing, stir in the tomato, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve with rice.


Notes
We are both big fans of this curry paste and will probably eat a lot of it in the years to come. I know that we probably shouldn't eat an entire can of coconut milk in a sitting. Maybe I can do half a can of milk and half water or almond milk.

You can use whatever vegetables you have lying around your kitchen for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment