Pages

17 May 2011

Soba Noodles and Peanut Sauce

This is another recipe from Supermarket Vegan. Seriously, I love this cookbook for easy, delicious recipes. This recipe is great to make in the morning and eat for lunch, which is what I did last weekend.



Ingredients
soba noodles
1 T sesame oil
1 T peanut butter
1 T tahini
1 T rice vinegar
1 T maple syrup
2 t tamari
1 t water
3 garlic cloves
1 t ground ginger
salt and black pepper
green onions
cashews or peanuts.

Method

Cook the noodles according to package directions, or about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Allow the water to drain completely out.

In a medium box, combine all the other ingredients. Add the noodles.

Cool the noodles for about 3 hours and serve chilled or bring to room temperature which we liked much better.


Notes
We added both cashews and peanuts that we had in our pantry. I was worried that this wouldn't be filling enough because it only had noodles, but it worked fine for lunch. I would add smoked tofu next time or vegetables.

I think my husband liked this more than I did, but it was still enjoyable. Just not enough vegetables in it.


Braaaaaiiiinnnsss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment