Pages

11 July 2011

Thai Tofu Cake

I have curry paste kicking around in my fridge from making the green curry the other day, so today I decide to make another recipe from the Fat Free Vegan website.



I followed the instructions as given on the blog.

Notes
First off, this was really really really tasty. I added about double the curry paste. I used panko bread crumbs for the breading. I used hijiki instead of arame seaweed. For the dipping sauce, I used white balsamic vinegar. I baked half of the cakes and cooked the other half in my cast iron skillet. I think I liked the texture of the ones baked better. Also, I think next time, instead of adding the full 1/2 cup of broth to the tofu mixture, I will just add enough for everything to hold together. It became pretty runny after adding the broth and hard to handle. I don't think I let the mixture sit in the fridge for the recommended 30 minutes and maybe if I had, then it would stick together better.

The leftovers from this went into the lunchboxes for tomorrow. Seriously, this was really good.

EDIT: My husband also thought that these were magically delicious.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did your husband think of these? You know, that is almost the best part of the blog post. Seriously. He's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Ed edit it to reflect my super awesome amazing husband's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a re ed edited it?

    ReplyDelete