Pages

05 September 2011

Hummus Crostini

My amazing husband made this for me when I was in the throes of studying for my comprehensive exam. He is has a fantastic ability of whipping up something out of random ingredients around the kitchen and making it beautiful.




Ingredients
Baguette bread cut into rounds
homemade garlic hummus
roasted red pepper spread
diced yellow onions
arugula, chopped
nectarine

Method
Toast the bread, in a toaster oven, until golden brown. Spread each slice with hummus, top with a bit of the spread, sprinkle with the onions and arugula. Top with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with a ripe, delicious nectarine on the side.


Notes
Oh my goodness, this was fantastic. I needed to eat something, but I didn't want to take time away from studying and my husband came to the rescue with this amazing dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment