21 August 2012

Zucchini Noodles

There has been lots of talk about zucchini noodles around the vegan blogs lately. And for good reason. Zucchini noodles are easy to make (even without a spiralizer!), fast, and delicious. I have a vegetable peeler that has two sides. One side makes long flat peels, much like a regular peeler. The other side has small teeth and makes spaghetti sized noodles when used.



Ingredients
Zucchini
spices to taste, I used basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes

Tomato sauce

Method
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini in strips until you start seeing the seeds. I generally turn the zucchini as I go.

Add spices and sauce to taste.


Notes
This turned out really well! I might even like the zucchini noodles better than regular pasta. I have also turned cucumbers into noodles, mixed it with zucchini noodles, and topped with a peanut sauce for a faux pad thai.



Our cat was contemplating why I was taking pictures outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment