Pages

21 August 2012

Zucchini Noodles

There has been lots of talk about zucchini noodles around the vegan blogs lately. And for good reason. Zucchini noodles are easy to make (even without a spiralizer!), fast, and delicious. I have a vegetable peeler that has two sides. One side makes long flat peels, much like a regular peeler. The other side has small teeth and makes spaghetti sized noodles when used.



Ingredients
Zucchini
spices to taste, I used basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes

Tomato sauce

Method
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini in strips until you start seeing the seeds. I generally turn the zucchini as I go.

Add spices and sauce to taste.


Notes
This turned out really well! I might even like the zucchini noodles better than regular pasta. I have also turned cucumbers into noodles, mixed it with zucchini noodles, and topped with a peanut sauce for a faux pad thai.



Our cat was contemplating why I was taking pictures outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment