Pages

27 March 2016

Spiralizer!



For our birthdays, my sister and her husband bought us a spiralizer and a cookbook on Fermenting Vegetables. We had to go on an adventure to pick up the package because it was sent to our old apartment, but thankfully we were able to procure the package with no problem. Thank you so much for the gifts, sister sister!

We immediately spiralized an apple and a potato.


The strands get so so long!

We ate the apple and cooked up the potato in the oven. I drizzled on olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cooked it for about 20 minutes in a 400F oven. The potato came out deliciously crispy and I served it with a mixture of sriracha and vegan mayo.


I'm off to get some canning jars today to begin the fermented experiments. What I love about this book is that all the recipes are for pint or quart sized jars so you don't end up with 3 gallons of something you hate. I have two beets in the fridge that are crying out to be fermented!

No comments:

Post a Comment