Pages

03 February 2011

Chocolate Coconut Cake

This was another recipe for my Slow Cooker Challenge. It was a snow day yesterday and I thought that baking a cake in my slow cooker would be perfect.

The sound of the cake was fantastic - chocolate, coconut milk, coconut flakes, what could go wrong? It smelled wonderful while it was cooking, but I think I left it on a bit too long. There was 1 cm layer of burnt cake around the outside.

I did not take a picture of the monstrosity. At least the icing is good.

I cooked it directly in my slow cooker instead of in a water bath as called for in the recipe, so that probably had something to do with how it came out. I'll try one of the other cake recipes and see if I can improve upon my method. Regardless, the cake itself was a bit flavorless and needed the icing to taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment