Pages

22 April 2011

White bean and Artichoke Tortillas

In my effort to try and stick to my menu plan as much as possible, I have been using my cookbooks a lot more. One of my favorite books currently is Supermaket Vegan. The recipes are simple and delicious. It is a good book for everyday cooking.



This is supposed to be some sort of "quesadilla" where the white beans take the place of the cheese. I would just call it white bean hummus on tortillas.

Ingredients
3 - 4 garlic cloves chopped
1 - 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 cup white beans (cooked in the crock pot)
salt/pepper
6 jarred artichoke hearts, chopped
4 soft taco tortillas

Method
Heat the garlic and rosemary in a small pan with a small amount of olive until brown and fragrant. Add the white beans and mash up most of the beans while mixing in the other flavors. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla on the pan top with half the bean mixture, three of the chopped artichoke hearts, and a few squirts of sriracha. Put the other tortilla on top and heat through, turning once. Repeat with the other tortillas and top with fresh basil.

The recipe also called for sun-dried tomatoes, but I used up the last of mine in the sun-dried tomato pesto the night before.

I am super pleased with how this turned out.

The husband thought this would make a good spread to go on bread or pita instead of the tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment